What: A chance to em”power” yourself!
When: You decide.
Where: Playroom, playground, playpen – play around with this anywhere
What Will You Learn … The Therapeutic Powers of Play Objectives:
- Learn the four essential categories of “powers of play” in play therapy.
- Understand that play offers children creative ways to solve problems, enhances moral and psychological development and resiliency, and promotes self-regulation and self-esteem.
- Understand that through the therapeutic relationship, play builds social competency, attachment, and empathy.
- Understand that play gives voice to self-expression, allows access to unconscious thoughts, and allows for direct and indirect teaching.
- Understand that play gives children space for catharsis and abreaction. Both positive and negative emotions are expressed, promoting stress management and overcoming fears.
Credits: 1 APT Non-Contact CE Credit*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: $25.00 (USD)
Instructor: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S and Dr. Susan Carter, PhD, LP, RPT-S