What: A chance to em”power” yourself!
When: You decide.
Where: Playroom, playground, playpen – play around with this anywhere
What Will You Learn … The Therapeutic Powers of Play Objectives:
- Learn the four essential categories of “powers of play” in play therapy.
- Understand that play offers children creative ways to solve problems, enhances moral and psychological development and resiliency, and promotes self-regulation and self-esteem.
- Understand that through the therapeutic relationship, play builds social competency, attachment, and empathy.
- Understand that play gives voice to self-expression, allows access to unconscious thoughts, and allows for direct and indirect teaching.
- Understand that play gives children space for catharsis and abreaction. Both positive and negative emotions are expressed, promoting stress management and overcoming fears.
Credits: 1 APT Non-Contact CE Credit*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264**
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider
**For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: $30.00 (USD)
Instructor: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S and Dr. Susan Carter, PhD, LP, RPT-S
Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. If you are dissatisfied with the course, you may request a transfer of funds to another course or book study. You will not receive CE credits for the original course you signed up for.
There are no reviews yet.