What: An independent book study of Lisa Dion’s Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Extremes book
Where: Read the book anywhere! (perhaps somewhere comfy!)
What You’ll Learn:
- Develop an understanding of aggression and death play that is based on brain function and neuroscience.
- Explore the four threats to the brain that activate a fight/flight/freeze/collapse response and why this is so important to know when working with children.
- Learn practical ways to authentically work with the intensity of aggression and death play, without causing compassion fatigue or burnout.
- Gain an understanding of how to set boundaries without shaming or shutting the child down.
- Learn ways to regulate yourself in the midst of intense play so as to model to the child client how to do the same, thereby enhancing the child’s capacity for self-regulation.
Credits: 6 APT Non-Contact CE Credit*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: USD $60
BOOK NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
Available in 3 options: English, Spanish, and Audio. To learn more click here.
Book Study Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. If you are dissatisfied with the book study, you may request a transfer of funds to another course by writing a one-page paper outlining what you learned in the book study and what specifically it was about the book study that was not satisfactory. You will not receive CE credits for the original book study you signed up for. As well, we don’t refund the cost of the books, as we don’t sell the books.