What: An independent book study of Lisa Dion’s Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity book
Where: Read the book anywhere you are!
When: You will have access to this course for 365 days from the date of purchase. Access to this course and its content will expire at that time.
Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity Book Study Learning Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of aggression and death play that is based on brain function and neuroscience in the play therapy process.
- Explain the four threats to the brain that activate a fight/flight/freeze/collapse response and why this is so important to know when working with children in play therapy.
- Assess the concept of “one foot in and one foot out” and its impact on the play therapy process.
- Understand the practical ways to authentically work with the intensity of aggression and death play, without causing compassion fatigue or burnout in play therapy.
- Develop an understanding of how to set boundaries without shaming or shutting the child down in the play therapy process.
- Identify ways to regulate yourself in the midst of an intense play therapy session so as to model to the child client how to do the same, thereby enhancing the child’s capacity for self-regulation.
CE Credit Hours: 6 CE Credit Hours, NBCC Content Area: Counselor Professional Identity and Practice Issues, Human Growth and Development
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7450. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is also an Approved Provider for the following associations:
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider 23-01
Continuing education credit hours may be awarded to graduate-level counselors or students enrolled in a graduate-level mental health program. If you do not qualify for continuing education credit hours and would like to receive a certificate of completion for this course please contact the Institute directly.
Cost: $60 USD *BOOK NOT INCLUDED IN PURCHASE.
The book is available for purchase in 4 options: English, Spanish, Japanese, and Audiobook. To learn more click here!
Book Study Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. If you are dissatisfied with the book study, you may request a transfer of funds to another course by writing a one-page paper outlining what you learned in the book study and what specifically it was about the book study that was not satisfactory. You will not receive CE credits for the original book study you signed up for. As well, we don’t refund the cost of the books, as the books are not sold through the Institute.