Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor Objectives:
Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor- General Theory ( 3 Non-Contact Credits)
- Learn the Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor Tenets
- Discuss the SPT Skills Sets and the need to start with the basic skill sets
- Explain “The Set Up” in the Supervisory relationship
Application of Synergetic Play Therapy Principles through a Supervisory Lens (4 Non-Contact Credits)
- Write your strengths and areas of growth as a supervisor through self video observation and self analysis
- Analyze the Tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy Supervision through written analysis
How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee (6 Non Contact Credits)
- Apply the use of video in the supervision process
- Critique various therapists’ struggles in the play therapy process presented through video observation and ways to support their growth
- Discuss the importance of identifying one key skill the supervisee can be working on and the importance of communicating in the supervisee’s goals and values.
Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision Course – Groups (6 Non Contact Credits)
- Analyze various clinical issues that arise and ways to support the supervisees’ growth and learning
- Discuss the importance of making sure supervisees are working on basic play therapy skills first
- Learn various ways to understand where the supervisee is at in their therapeutic development and the importance of working with them where they are at in their stage of development
When: Please click here for the class schedule. All classes are taken via webinar. As a reminder, you need two supervisees in order to take the course. You must also meet the prereqs and submit an application.
Credits: 19 Non-contact Credits*
Cost: $900.00 (USD) | $1,100 (CAD) | $1,100 (AUD) Pay in Full or Pay in 2 or 3 Installments
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received one month from the start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 2 weeks before the start of the class will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received 1-2 weeks before the start of the class will receive a full refund minus a one-month payment for administrative fees. Cancellations 1 week before the class will forfeit the entire cost of the class.
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264