What: A fun, 2-hour home study course in the form of an experiential workshop, opening up new possibilities for your practice. We will explore a science-based process for working with children at the deepest, most profound levels, while showing you how to stay safe and sane. You’ll learn the art of sword fighting, gun play, bop bag play and more, while understanding what it takes to maximize growth and integration for your clients and for you as the therapist.
Where: Anywhere you are!
When: You will have access to this course for 365 days from the date of purchase. Access to this course and its content will expire at that time.
Aggression in Play Therapy: A Synergetic Approach Learning Objectives:
- Explain the link between a child’s dysregulated states of their nervous system and their aggressive and traumatic play
- Describe how to facilitate aggressive play in the play therapy process without increasing or promoting aggression
- Explain the Synergetic Play Therapy® concept of the Set-Up/Offering in the playroom
- Demonstrate how to set boundaries without shaming or shutting down a client’s play
We’ll also explore:
- Setting boundaries without shaming the child
- Nervous system states and regulation
- The 4 threats of the brain
- Working with Hyper-arousal in sessions
- Working with Hypo-arousal in sessions
- Swords fights, gun play, and more!
- Making aggressive play therapeutic
- Aggressive Toys
- Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma
- And so much more!
CE Credit Hours: 2 CE Credit Hours, NBCC Content Area: Counseling Theory/Practice and the Counseling Relationship
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7450. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is also an Approved Provider for the following associations:
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider 23-01
Continuing education credit hours may be awarded to graduate-level counselors or students enrolled in a graduate-level mental health program. If you do not qualify for continuing education credit hours and would like to receive a certificate of completion for this course please contact the Institute directly.
Cost: $60 USD
If you are needing financial assistance or would like to make a donation to support other play therapists in being able to afford play therapy training, please visit the Synergetic Play Therapy Foundation website to learn more.
Presenter: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S
Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. You will not receive CE credit hours for this course should you choose to transfer your enrollment to another course. Please contact the Institute should you have any questions or concerns.