From twelve-year-olds to seniors in high school, adolescence is a changing time. This makes play therapy a challenge: how do you heal those maneuvering the middle ground between childhood and adulthood? This video course explores when to apply directive and non-directive play, how to work with older children, how to set goals for this population, and how to turn the awkward into the authentic.
Topics covered include:
- What is happening in the teenage brain?
- Emotional versus chronological age
- Myths about the teenage years
- The dopamine system
- 4 fears of the brain
- Dealing with the resistant teen
- Discovering the authentic self
- Genius and values
- The Set-Up
- Modeling regulation
- Facilitating therapy
- When to play and when to talk
Please scroll down for video course details and objectives.