Applications Are Now Open! Application Deadline September 1, 2023!
“The experience of becoming a Synergetic Play Therapist Supervisor has been a journey in deepening my relationship and attachment to myself and therefore to those around me. I feel better resourced and skilled to support play therapists in their work and their own journeys. This course connected me to a community that I feel deeply privileged to be a part of. During a challenging time for our planet, I felt a connection to others that sustained me.” -Katrina Bevelander
Are you ready to become a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor?
For Certified Synergetic Play Therapists who meet the prerequisites we offer a path to becoming a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor*. These courses also count towards Registered Play Therapy Supervisor requirements (please check with APT to determine full requirements). In this training, students will learn how to apply the Synergetic Play Therapy® philosophy and tenets to the supervisory relationship. Through video observation, didactic learning, group discussion, and self study (this course is heavy on independent study), students will learn how to step into the role of play therapy supervisor – one of the most important and influential roles in a play therapist’s journey.
• At least two years post SPT Certification, holding a clinical caseload during that time with a focus on the application of Synergetic Play Therapy® principles
• Demonstrate at least a year’s worth of post-certification supervision/consultation with a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor within 2 years of starting this course
• Hold current LPC or LCSW Mental Health license or equivalent licensure/ability to offer supervision in your state or country
• Hold “current” status of the Certified Synergetic Play Therapist™ credential
• At least one year of purchase and participation in the SPT Community Membership within 2 years of starting this course
Click Here to Submit Your Application for Fall 2023 (Deadline to Apply is September 1, 2023)
Please note: Completion of a Legal and Ethical Issues in Play Therapy Supervision course is not a prerequisite for this course, however, it must be completed before you can obtain the designation Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor. You will be asked to provide documentation of completion of a Legal and Ethical issues in Play Therapy supervision course. You will also need to have two supervisees during the six months of the course and that are willing to be video-taped.
*Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor is a protected title held by those who have taken and completed all requirements of this training.
Hear what other Certified SPT Therapists/Supervisors had to say about the course!
Please scroll down for course details!