In this nine-month experiential course, through video observation, didactic learning, group discussion and independent study, you’ll learn how to step into one of the most impactful and influential roles in a play therapist’s journey …. Becoming a supervisor (and an SPT Supervisor at that!). You’ll explore the supervisory relationship through the Synergetic Play Therapy® lens; apply SPT principles to supervision so you can help develop these principles in your supervisees; and learn techniques and skills focused on helping you navigate the supervisory relationship and challenges that arise in the playroom.
When: Fall 2023 (more information coming soon!)
Time: *All times listed are in Denver, Colorado, USA, Mountain Time. Full schedule to come.
Where: Learn from anywhere! No commute required!
What You’ll Learn: Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor Objectives: (Please note that this course is heavy on independent study, so plan your time accordingly. Expect at least 1 1/2 hours per month on independent work alongside the 1 hour per month for group supervision.)
Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor – General Theory (4 Non-Contact Credits)
- Learn the Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor Tenets
- Discuss the SPT Skills Sets and the need to start with the basic skill sets
- Explain “The Set Up” in the Supervisory relationship
Independent Study: Application of Synergetic Play Therapy® Principles through a Supervisory Lens (4 Non-Contact Credits)
- Write your strengths and areas of growth as a supervisor through self video observation and self analysis
- Analyze the Tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy Supervision through written analysis
How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee (6 Non-Contact Credits)
- Apply the use of video in the supervision process
- Critique various therapists’ struggles in the play therapy process presented through video observation and ways to support their growth
- Discuss the importance of identifying one key skill the supervisee can be working on and the importance of communicating in the supervisee’s goals and values.
Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision Course – Groups (10 Non-contact Credits)
- Analyze various clinical issues that arise and ways to support the supervisees’ growth and learning
- Discuss the importance of making sure supervisees are working on basic play therapy skills first
- Learn various ways to understand where the supervisee is at in their therapeutic development and the importance of working with them where they are at in their stage development
Running A Group Supervision – Live Webinar with Lisa (1 Non-contact Credit)
- Apply SPT Supervisor Theory to group supervision
- Discuss ways to support the group when challenging group dynamics arise
- Explore how to become a supervision group’s external regulator
Credits: 25 Total Credits (Non-Contact)*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider
Cost: $975.00 (USD) | $1,175 (CAD) | $1,175 (AUD) Pay in Full or Pay in 2 or 3 Installments
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before 4-weeks from the start date will receive a full refund minus a $150.00 USD administrative/processing fee. Cancellation after this time and once the class begins will forfeit the entire payment of the course. However, payment can be applied towards a future Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor course. If an emergency arises, please contact us to discuss.
Instructors: Khristine Rolfe, LCMHC, RPT-S*, Liliana Baylon, LMFT, RPT, SPT-S, EMDRIA CIT, & Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S*
*Khristine Rolfe, LCMHC, RPT-S, is a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist Consultant with over 25 years of therapeutic and educational experience in a variety of settings. She is honored to guide others in their professional and personal journeys and seeks to provide a supervisory experience that facilitates one’s intuitive wisdom, strength and authenticity.
*Liliana Baylon, LMFT, RPT, SPT-S, EMDRIA CIT, is a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist Consultant, EMDR Certified, EMDRIA Consultant-in-Training, and AAMFT Approved Supervisor. Liliana is a bilingual and bicultural therapist, and serves as SPTI’s Cultural Ambassador. Liliana is the owner of Healing Relationships Counseling Services, PLLC, in Colorado, where she provides therapy and supervision.
*Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S, is an international teacher, creator of Synergetic Play Therapy, founder and President of the Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, co-founder of the Synergetic Education Institute, creator of the Business of Therapy and host of the Lessons from the Playroom podcast. She is the author of Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity and is the 2015 recipient of the Association for Play Therapy’s Professional Education and Training Award of Excellence.