Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

This is a space to share ways you are spreading the SPT Love out into the World. How are you weaving SPT into what you are creating and offering? We would love to witness you and celebrate you!

• Melissa Lowndes
        Participant

Dear SPT team, community and tribe,
          I love the idea of shining a light and how you are moving this concept forward into the collective nervous system. As an SPT warrior in Australia and a verbal processor, the engagement of other provides an inspiration of change and growth for me. I love celebrating the potentiality of other as we move away from a competitive standpoint and celebrate each other’s wins. Thank you SPT team for creating and innovating this safe space of contemplation. Sending love and light Mel

• Student Engagement Liaison

Mel~ Thank you for bringing your voice, light and beautiful energy into this space! I love your perspective about our collective nervous system and celebrating each other. May we all feel the inspiration through sharing and witnessing our individual lights to create our collective community light.

• heatherfd
            Participant

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you all know that I’m offering my consultation group on Working with Difficult to Engage Parents in July. The group is part introduction to my approach to working with parents, and partially a space for you to bring your questions and emotions and stress and celebration around the intricacies of working with parents. I started creating this approach (without knowing it!) during my SPT Certification, and I’ve continued to develop it more and more since then, so I’m going on 4 years of work on this – it is really, really meaningful work to me and I’m so passionate about it. I bring an SPT perspective into working with parents on an incredibly deep level and getting them looped in and engaged in therapy with their children in such a way that grows and heals their relationship with their child, and I LOVE it and I love talking about it and sharing it with other therapists – especially SPT therapists because you all GET IT. I have 5 spots in this group and 2 have already been claimed, so there are 3 more available if any of you would like to join us (I already have one SPTer on board!) in July. The group runs Mondays in July and the dates are 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, and 7/31. Time is from 5-6pm, Pacific time. I work on a sliding scale, you decide what fee is in alignment for you. For this group my sliding scale is $200-450 for all four sessions. I also offer further reduction in rate for folks who are working with underserved or underprivileged populations, in parts of the country or the world with a high poverty rate, in community mental health, or who are BIPOC. Please reach out to me if you would like to negotiate a lower rate, or if you have any other questions for me about the group. You can reach me at: playfulintegration@gmail.com.

• Valerie Mitchell
              Participant

Hello beautiful SPTers,

I want to offer an opportunity for 3 FREE coaching sessions using the DeMartini Method! I recently completed the DeMartini Facilitator Training and want to continue practicing the method. I am learning, practicing, and growing in getting familiar with the method and would love your help in being a patient person to practice with. Please get in touch with me at valsmitchell@hushmail.com if you have any questions or interest in these free sessions!

Thank you all!

Val

• heatherfd
                Participant

I just wanted to share with everyone that I’m working on a book… that has its roots in my original Make SPT Your Own certification presentation! I have an outline… sort of! I’m really excited about it and I’m so grateful to have deepened this work through the years and I’m so thrilled to continue to bring it to life – it’s my favorite thing that I get to do or teach about. Related to that, I’ll be running my group on Working with Hard to Engage Parents in October, and I would love to have SPTers in the group! You can reach out to me for a special SPTers-only discount. There are 5 spots total, and the group will be Mondays from 10/2 through 10/23, 6-7pm Pacific time. Email me at playfulintegration@gmail.com if you would like to join us – it would mean the world to me. Much love!

• Student Engagement Liaison

From Heather! Here’s the registration info for the workshops I was talking about that have their root in my original Make SPT Your Own certification presentation! Come join me – we have a special lens in October since it’s spooky magic season! Read about it and register here:

Playful Integration’s latest offering is the Relational Magic Series. The Playful Integration Approach to Working with Parents in Play Therapy is a multi-layered approach to working deeply with the parents and caregivers of the children you see in play therapy. The approach blends authenticity, willingness to be uncomfortable, the science of compassion, lovingkindness, and play therapy, to create a container that allows the parent to enter into a neuroception of wonderful and relieving felt safety with the therapist – which the parent can then recreate at home with their child. It truly is relational magic! Come join Heather FD as she shares her way of Being in the playroom with parents and the many ways that she co-creates the real magic – reconnecting parents to their children in profound ways.

10/2: Creating the Magical Container
                      10/9: Mirror Magic: Projective Imagery & the Felt Sense
                      10/16: Deepening the Magic in the Sand Tray
                      10/23: Weaving Relationships in the Playroom

This workshop series is for you if:
                      You sometimes think that you don’t like working with parents
                      You feel like you need a refresh on the way you work with parents
                      You feel like you don’t know what you’re doing when parents are in the room
                      You say things like “I love working with kids, but the parents…ugh.”
                      You feel anxious when you have a parent session coming up
                      You avoid working 1:1 with parents and don’t usually do parent consultation or parent only sessions
                      You have a sense that there’s magic in therapy but you’re not sure how to tap into it.

You can also get tickets to individual workshops. All workshops run from 6pm-7pm Pacific time, Mondays in October. Come play!

https://events.humanitix.com/playful-integration-s-relational-magic-series-on-parent-work-in-play-therapy

Links to the 4 individual workshops are located inside the link for the bundle. 🙂

• Melissa Lowndes
                    Participant

Hi Tribe,

I wanted to really connect in with any SPT’s that identify as neurodiverse or engage with amazing neurodiverse kiddos. In Australia all my kiddos and most of my families are neurodiverse. I am ADHD and ASD, I also believe that we have highly calibrated nervous systems that often need a lot of creativity, grounding, yoga/meditation/mindful practises and connection to be who we truly are. I would love to find a way to connect to you all and wondering if we could start a group together. As we share our empowerment, we collectively support the sector to see beyond the paradigms that are presented to us. Most of the time I am breathing and the kiddos just need to see an authentic version of themselves living an extraordinary life.

I am nervous to share as I know often people can be sacred to own their magics. What I have found is that the more honest I am with my own story, the more my kiddos and their families feel heard, seen and understood. I would love to have something in place for SPT that focuses on empowerment for neurodiversity and I am putting up my hand. So please reach out if you feel called or please steer me in the direction so I can get this thing rolling. Sometimes you have to ‘be the change you wish to see in the world.’

Love Mel

• heatherfd
                        Participant

hi mel!
                          i’m in – in whatever way works for us. at the very least i’m here to learn from the way i see you owning your own magic, and here to support you in whatever offerings you create. <3
                          feel free to email if you want! we need you.
                          heather

• Melissa Lowndes
                            Participant

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your connection and truth. I am so grateful for your response and kindness. I have sent you a message. We need you too. So much kindness Mel

• Katherine Eastlake
                          Participant

Hello everyone!

I am dropping in to let you know about my eight week, virtual course RECALIBRATE: Developing the Somatic Self.

Registration is closing January 15th! Join me in this small group learning opportunity! 12 NBCC credits are available

Recalibrate offers the neuroscience behind nervous system resonate states and co-regulation in session. This program invites therapists to acknowledge and develop clinical intuition skills, serving their clients at a deeper level.

For details and registration:
                            http://www.katherineeastlake.com/recalibrate.html

For SPT-ers, this course will be an opportunity to deepen your exploration of your own regulation states and how self-somatic awareness can amplify your work with clients. We dive into clinical intuition and the innate knowing we can access in the therapy room.
                            Can’t wait to see you in the course!
                            Katherine

• heatherfd
                            Participant

Hi SPTers!
                              I wanted to post and share about an offering that I am considering doing this summer, to see if anyone would be interested in it. I am developing an approach to working with parents, especially parents who may be hard to engage or “resistant.” I have a 4 week group that I run on working with parents, and I’d love to have a group like this just for SPT Certified folks. It is 4 1 hour sessions in 4 weeks, and I would most likely run it in July or August. I usually run it Monday evenings from 6-7pm PST. I do a sliding scale for all my offerings and the range for this is $200-500, you decide what you can pay and that’s your registration fee – no documentation of income or anything like that is required. For folks who are BIPOC, working with populations who are marginalized or underserved, working in community mental health or similar settings, or working in areas where the cost of living is significantly different than my area (Pacific Northwest, United States), you can reach out to me for a further reduced fee if that’s something that would facilitate your being a part of the group. Let me know if you’re interested so I can get an idea of whether or not this might work. 🙂
                              Much love to all of you, always!
                              Heather FD

• heatherfd
                              Participant

Popping in to share my latest workshop, coming up June 8:

Do you want to learn new play therapy interventions, have fun with your fellow play therapists, and get a package of mystery swag in your mailbox to play with? Come join me for Stickers in Play Therapy! I LOVE stickers. My inner child loves them, as little me thought they were the most incredible thing to collect. I have a huge collection myself, and so when I was thinking about new things to do in play therapy with the kids I see, I thought to myself, “Hmm, stickers are so cool! What could I do with stickers?” This workshop will be informative, experiential, and FUN for your inner child! You’ll get a package of beautiful stickers in the mail from me prior to the workshop so that you can play along with me. Come hang out with me and my sticker collection Saturday, June 8th, from 11am-1pm Pacific time. Here’s the link: https://events.humanitix.com/stickers-in-play-therapy-a-playful-integration-workshop

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.