Welcome to the course on Becoming an SPT Supervisor!
What a privilege and an honor it will be to get to spend time with you as we learn how to do this “supervision” 🙂 Becoming a supervisor in someone’s life is a big deal and is one of the most rewarding relationships you will ever develop with another.
We are so grateful that you want to continue to learn more about SPT and how to apply the ideas into your own development as a supervisor.
Welcome to the next level of your growth and journey 🙂
Lisa and Khris
All of our classes are held via webinar. We use zoom.us as our platform. You will be asked to turn your camera on, so please be prepared to do so. We want you to be a part of the class 🙂 Links for the classes are located in the corresponding lesson.
Please note: The Association for Play Therapy requires full attendance of the class to receive credit.
In addition to the below, students are also required to complete a Legal and Ethics Supervision course and submit verification of completion.
1.) Becoming A Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor – General Theory – Two live webinars plus video study – (4 Non-Contact Credits)
In the first webinar, supervisors-in-training will begin to explore the supervisory relationship through the Synergetic Play Therapy® lens. Students will take the SPT principles and learn how to apply them to supervision while deepening our understanding of the skill we can help develop in our supervisees. The second webinar is designed for integration and celebration of the completion of the course. We will come together as a group with Lisa in this one hour webinar for the closing of our course. It is designed for integration and will include a celebration of the completion of the course and your designation as a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor.
- Sept 12th, 2022: LIVE webinar with Lisa Dion and Khristine Rolfe – Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor – General Theory, 5-6:30 pm (MDT)
- Join via: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86799274587
- May 15th, 2023: Final LIVE webinar with Lisa Dion and Khristine Rolfe, Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor – Integration and Goodbye 5-6:00 pm (MDT)
- Join via: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89923268143
2.) Independent Study – Application of SPT Principles through a Supervisory Lens – (4 Non-Contact Credits)
This part of the course is designed to facilitate understanding of the finer details of SPT application so that you can support your supervisees through their client cases. In this independent study course, participants will be required to:
- Submit a 2 page paper describing your understanding of each of the SPT Supervisor Tenets
- Watch and analyze 30 min. from four of your own recorded supervision sessions
- Meet with Khris for one hour to review two 15 min. segments from your own recorded sessions and complete Supervisor Skill Sheet Evaluation (this will occur in January)
- Read Aggression in Play Therapy, and complete test (if certified before 2019)
- Homework assignment: Collapsing your Fears of Being an SPT Supervisor
3.) How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee – 6 hours of video watching/1 hour a month. – (6 Non Contact Credits)
Through the watching of recorded session videos, supervisors-in-training will explore common supervision issues. You will learn techniques and skills focused on helping you navigate the supervisory relationship and challenges that arise in the playroom. These videos include guidance and commentary by Lisa. You will watch one each month on your own.
- October – Month 1: How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- November – Month 2: How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- December – Month 3: How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- January – Month 4: How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- February – Month 5: How to Supervisee an SPT Supervisee
- March – Month 6: How to Supervisee an SPT Supervisee
4.) Clinicial Issues in SPT Supervision with Khristine Rolfe – (10 Non-contact Credits)
We will be meeting via monthly webinar as a group (with the exception of December and you will meet with me individually during this month). These groups are designed to support each other on your journey with your supervises and to help integrate and deepen what you are learning in the course. We will also analyze various clinical issues or challenges that arise in the work with your supervises and look at ways to support their growth and learning.
Join via: https://zoom.us/j/7325745948
- October 24th, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MDT)
- November 21st, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MST)
- December 12th, 2022 Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MST)
- February 20th, 2023: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MST)
- March 20th, 2023: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MDT)
- April 17th, 2023: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MDT)
- May 8th, 2023: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – 5-6:00pm (MDT)
5.) Live Webinar: Running A Group Supervision with Lisa Dion- (1 Non-contact Credit)
- February 6th, 2023: LIVE Webinar with Lisa Dion – Running Group Supervision, 5-6:00 pm
Join via: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89693154699
By the start of the first class you will be given a link to access your own google drive folder. Please save this link, or add it to your own google drive so that we can easily upload your *independent study assignments. ***Please make sure to label your assignments with your name and what it is.
Please note: Completion of a Legal and Ethical Issues in Play Therapy Supervision course is not a prerequisite for this course. However, it must be completed before you can obtain certification. You will be asked to provide documentation of completion of this course. You will also need to have two supervisees during six months of the course and that are willing to be video taped.
Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor – General Theory (4 Non-Contact Credits)
Independent Study: Application of Synergetic Play Therapy® Principles through a Supervisory Lens (4 Non-Contact Credits)
How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee (6 Non Contact Credits)
Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision Course – Groups (10 Non-contact Credits)
Running A Group Supervision – Live Webinar with Lisa (1 Non-contact Credit)
Credits: 25 Total Credits (Non-Contact)