This six-month online course includes three, one-hour LIVE webinars with Lisa Dion, six 2.5-hour recorded videos, and monthly one-hour group consultations with a Synergetic Play Therapy™ Supervisor/Consultant. Consultation is a mandatory part of the course to help you integrate what you are learning … And,if you’d like, you can meet the consultants here.
When: June 22nd, 2020 – November 20th, 2020
Important Class Dates:
- June 22nd, 2020 webinar: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- June 22nd, 2020: 1st video course release
- July 17th, 2020: 2nd video course released
- August 18th 2020: EXTRA WEBINAR – SPT in Teletherapy (2 p.m, MST, Denver)
- August 21st, 2020: 3rd video course released
- September 21st, 2020 webinar: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- September 25th, 2020: 4th video course released
- October 23rd, 2020: 5th video course released
- November 16th, 2020: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- November 20th, 2020: 6th/final video course released
Where: Learn from anywhere! No commute required!
What You’ll Learn … Special topics such as tracking the play, attachment, facilitating sand, art, trauma, and aggressive play are covered from the perspective of nervous system regulation, attunement, mindfulness, and authenticity. Participants will also learn how to track their client’s changes for parents, teachers, agencies, and themselves. And, we’ve added a bonus webinar just for you and to support you during these times – SPT in Teletherapy.
Note: Please purchase this required book before your training. Lisa will be using it as a reference to provide supplemental readings: Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity by Lisa Dion
Intro Objectives by Class:
Class 1 / Webinar 1– Welcome and Understanding the Projective Process
- Describe how Synergetic Play Therapy was inspired, the basics, the tenets, the history, and the main play therapy influences
- Explain how children use the projective process in play therapy to set the toys and the therapist up to feel how they feel
- Assess and explain the significance of why authenticity is so important in the playroom
- Describe how an SPT Therapist accesses (their/his/her) authentic self and deepens the child’s therapeutic process
Class 2 – Understanding the Nervous System
- Explain the link between nervous system states and the symptoms that show up in the playroom
- Describe the importance of regulation in the playroom
- Demonstrate how the therapist can begin to model regulation to the child so that the child can begin to learn how to regulate
Class 3 / Webinar 2 – Understanding What Regulation Is and What It Isn’t
- Explain what regulation is and isn’t according to Synergetic Play Therapy
- Discuss what it means to “overcome a challenge” in the play therapy process
- Describe what it means to become the external regulator in a session to help a child integrate their challenges
- Explain why you, the therapist, are the most important toy in the playroom
Class 4 – Working With Parents
- Discuss the implications for parents being in their own grief process when they bring their children to play therapy
- Describe how to have a successful play therapy intake
- Discuss the importance of setting goals and speaking in terms of what is important to the parent
Class 5 – Understanding Attachment & the Self Object
- Discuss Synergetic Play Therapy’s definition and perspective on attachment
- Explain and demonstrate how to use the self-object as a way to support the client attaching to self
- Describe the link between a child’s attachment styles and their nervous system states
Class 6 / Webinar 3 – Aggression, Art & Sand in Synergetic Play Therapy
- Explain how to use regulation as a way to help integrate aggressive energy in the playroom
- Describe how to facilitate the use of sand from a Synergetic Play Therapy perspective in the playroom
- Explain how to facilitate the use of art from a Synergetic Play Therapy perspective in the playroom
- Explain the concept of flooding in the playroom for both you and the child and list ways to create a neuroception of safety
Credits: 21 APT Non-Contact CE credits*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that Play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: $1275.00 (USD).
To make monthly payments, please click here
**Do you want consultation catered to your needs? You can purchase individual consultations now or you can purchase after the course has begun (if you choose the latter, please contact us and we’ll provide you with a link).
Refund Policy: Cancellations received one month from the start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than one month from the start of the class will receive a full refund minus a $100.00 administrative fee. Cancellation once the class begins will forfeit the payment of the course. However, payment can be applied towards a future Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy course (within one year). If an emergency arises, please contact us to discuss.