When: 9-6 p.m. each day during one of the following six-day sessions (see locations in “Where” section below):
- June 12th – 18th, 2021 – (one day off in the middle) | 8 W Dry Creek Circle, 220 | Littleton, CO 80120
- June 26th – July 2nd, 2021 – (one day off in the middle) | 209 E Plum St, | Fort Collins, CO 80524
- July 9th – 11th and July 16th -18th, 2021 – (two weekends) | 435 NE Evans St. #A, | McMinnville, OR 97128
- July 17th – 23rd, 2021 – (one day off in the middle) | 8 W Dry Creek Circle, 220 | Littleton, CO 80120
What: Six days of full immersion into Synergetic Play Therapy® (please see class requirements here)
Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive objectives:
- Explain some of the neuroscience behind identifying children’s states of dysregulation during play therapy and how this influences the symptoms and play in the playroom.
- Describe how Synergetic Play Therapy® tools such as Nervous System Chart, The Process of Change, and explaining the Synergetic Play Therapy® Stages can help a parent understand the play therapy process and keep them engaged.
- Begin to assess a child’s emotional age in their play during the play therapy process.
- Demonstrate how mindfulness and self-awareness in the playroom is an essential component to helping widen a child’s emotional window of tolerance during play therapy.
- Demonstrate how to work with parents in the play therapy process and keep them engaged.
- Apply the use of boundaries to help reduce emotional flooding and overwhelm in both the child and the therapist during play therapy.
- Demonstrate how to set boundaries in play therapy without shaming or shutting down the child’s play.
- Describe the projective process and how children engage in “The Set Up” during play therapy, as a way to integrate their perceptions of what is challenging them.
- Use the therapist’s authenticity and attunement to support the attachment process in play therapy.
- Use regulation, in the midst of challenging play, as an essential component of becoming the child’s external regulator in the playroom.
- Use regulation to support a child’s ability to learn how to regulate during play therapy sessions.
Credits: Total of 49 hours of training which includes supervision, direct contact, and education.
The breakdown is as follows: 25 CE Direct Contact APT-Approved Credits*, 9 Direct Contact Hours, 8 Individual Supervision Hours, 7 Group Supervision Hours
Cost: $1750.00 (USD) – Payments are accepted in full, or over the course of 2 or 3 payments.
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264
Refund Policy: Registrations are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Fees include the 48 hours of training. You must take care of your own meals and accommodations. Written cancellations received six weeks prior to the training will receive a full refund of the balance of fees minus a $100.00 administrative fee. If you cancel after that date, you will forfeit your full course price or it can be applied towards a future intensive.
If the Institute cancels your training due to COVID-19, within 30 days of the Intensive start date, you may receive a full refund of your course, or transfer registration to a later intensive of your choice, space permitting. If a participant cancels due to COVID-19 for travel or health reasons, within 30 days of the Intensive start date, no refund will be given but the student may transfer registration to a later intensive training, space permitting.