We are so glad that you have decided to join us for the Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Course with Lisa Dion!
The intention of this email is to confirm that you are enrolled in the course and to provide you with key information to make sure you are on the right track!
This course launches on October 17th, 2023, with a LIVE Webinar at 2:00 PM Mountain Time, Denver, followed by the release of the Class 1 video.
Important Information to Get You Started:
- Monthly Group Consultations: Please use this link to complete the Group Consultation Request form. This short form will ask you to answer a few questions and will allow you to choose and reserve your preferred group consultation time. Time slots will be first come first serve so it will be important that you submit your form quickly. Your assigned Synergetic Play Therapy Consultant will contact you by the end of the first week of the course to confirm your group consultation time and to introduce themselves. For more information about Group Consultation, please refer to your course site!
- Your Online Learning Platform is the home to your online course site and is where you will go to watch all class videos, take quizzes, print your certificate, access course materials and handouts, locate links to the live webinars, and find other useful information about your monthly group consultation sessions and course requirements. We encourage you to log in early and often to ensure you are getting the most out of your course!
How to log in to your Online Learning Platform:
- Click here to log in to your account. (Your log in credentials are the username and password you set up when you purchased this course.) Save these credentials for easy log in – you’ll be using them frequently!
- Once logged in, click on “My Courses” at the top of your page and you should see Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy October 2023 – March 2024. This is your course site and where you will go each time you need to access your course/lessons/handouts and the live webinar links!
If you haven’t already, please purchase Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity. Available in English, Spanish, Japanese (NEW!), and Audio. This is required reading and your reference guide for the course!
Lastly, please be sure to add the course dates to your calendar. When each lesson launches, it is highly suggested that you watch them within two weeks and before you meet with your consultant to maximize your learning. You will also receive a reminder 1 week and 1 day prior to the class/webinar from the Institute. If you cannot attend a live webinar it will be recorded and put into your course site for you to watch at a later date.
Important Class Dates:
- October 17th, 2023 webinar: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver)
- October 17th, 2023: 1st video course released – Welcome & Understanding the Projective Process
- November 17th, 2023: 2nd video course released – Exploring the Nervous System in the Playroom
- November 17th, 2023: Video Lesson released – Synergetic Play Therapy® and Cultural Humility & 4 Threats and the Set Up Through a Cultural Lens
- December 15th, 2023: 3rd video course released – Regulation: What It is & What It Isn’t
- January 9th, 2024: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver) + BONUS VIDEO: Synergetic Play Therapy® & Teletherapy
- January 19th, 2024: 4th video course released – Working with Caregivers
- February 16th, 2024: 5th video course released – Understanding Attachment & the Self-Object in Synergetic Play Therapy®
- March 12th, 2024: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver)
- March 15th, 2024: 6th/final video course released – Sand, Art, & Aggression in Synergetic Play Therapy®
- March 15th, 2024, Book Review: Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity
Join the October 17th Live Webinar @ 2:00 PM Mountain Time, DENVER:
We’d also love to invite you to join other members of our Synergetic Play Therapy® Learning Community in our private Facebook group to stay connected!
We are so excited to have you join us for our signature course! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Thank you, again, and see you on October 17th for our first Live Webinar!
-Lisa and the SPTI Team