Welcome to the Business of Therapy
You did it! You took the first step towards your next level of business mastery by signing up. Whether you are attending in-person or virtually, I am so excited that you have made this commitment to yourself and your dreams. Having attended so many business trainings myself, I know the value of this type of learning and experience and what it has the potential of doing for you. I am just so excited for what’s to come for you! Thank you for taking the leap and I am already counting down the days until our time together. – Much love, Lisa
***This page has been created for you as your “go-to” page as we make our way to November, so make sure you bookmark it!***
One of the greatest business principles you will ever learn is that spending time working on your business is just as important as spending time in your business. In fact, it pays dividends, literally. So we’re not going to wait until November to get started … let’s get down to business! We will be adding short videos, resources, exercises, etc. to this page as we go! (Scroll to bottom to see your first video).
“This course gave me permission to not only follow my dreams, but also gave me the “how to” of making them happen. It was inspiring and has changed my perspective on what’s possible for me in my life.” -Kristen Spiegel
The Business of Therapy is a 2.5 day, LIVE interactive course that includes over 17-hours of content weaving together instruction and work time designed for you to walk away with a plan in place to help you build your dreams.
…Because doing work that inspires you while making money isn’t a fantasy. Lisa will teach you how to master a business mindset, put steps into action, challenge your fears and listen to your intuition so you can go after your biggest entrepreneurial dreams.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Discover what is truly important to you and how to create a congruent vision
- Think and problem solve like an entrepreneur
- Navigate the “feedback systems” that arise in business creation
- Create a strategic plan, set goals and manage time horizons
- Identify and shift your money psychology
- Raise rates and determine fees
- Use the chaos in your business to your advantage
- Work with rejection and negative feedback
- Tackle your fears and limiting beliefs that keep you stuck
- Take calculated business risks and create a Plan B for economic and market downturns
- The developmental stages of a business/dream
- Build an accountability team to keep you focused
- How to identify your target market and unique message
- How to be leader and run a company or practice
- And so much more!
In-Person Participants – Reserve your hotel and flights:
This year’s event will be at the Brown Palace Hotel & Spa, Denver, Colorado’s most famous and recognizable hotel. It’s superbly designed inside and out, and its downtown location and luxurious accommodations have made it a favorite of celebrities and politicians since the late 1800s. We chose this location for you as a symbol of your worth – because you’re worth it! And your dreams are worth it!!
- $189 (USD) – Book this special discounted rate directly through this link: The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection.
Flights/Transportation: Choose the Denver International Airport for your flight. It’s about 30 minutes from the airport to the hotel. The hotel address and all of the transportation information can be found here.
If you are attending online, please block out your calendar for this time period AS IF you were attending in-person. This event is not being recorded! You will need to be present for all of the conference time because online attendees will be broadcasted directly into the conference meeting room! You will be able to ask questions and the in-person attendees will be able to see and hear you. You will participate in the same break-out experientials with other online participants. To make your online experience as enjoyable as possible, commit to being 100% present and free from distractions.
SHORT VIDEOS & A SURVEY TO GET YOU THINKING:
- We want to hear from you! – Before we get started, complete this short questionnaire so we know what your hopes are for the course.
- Building a dream REQUIRES feelings of incompetency and inadequacy! … What?! Have a listen to this short video as Lisa walks you through the Peter Principle in business and how to think about those moments when you find yourself staring at your own incompetency…💕 This is just one of many many principles Lisa is going to teach in The Business of Therapy course.
3. WHAT YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE LIKE IN THIS COURSE: In this video, you’ll learn exactly what you can expect … and while you’re watching, you’ll notice a part where you’ll start to feel really inspired about what you’ll be able to create for yourself (…it’s a Rocky Balboa at the top of the steps kind of moment) – That’s the business journey you’ll be embarking on! ✨
4. Lessons from the Playroom Podcast Episode #121: The Topic We Don’t Study Enough As Therapists. In this podcast episode, Lisa has a really special guest joining her for this episode and they’re doing something different today … It’s time to talk about business! – One of the most important topics we don’t talk much about as therapists. And to help Lisa out with this conversation, she has Jen Taylor who’s going to be interviewing her on her business journey. ✨
STAY TUNED FOR MORE VIDEOS, HANDOUTS AND UPDATES AS WE GO!
“I signed up for the course when I began launching my business, and it truly was eye opening, inspirational, insightful and fun. What I learned made me realize why my businesses did not work in the past; that I wasn’t doing it from the inside out, but always trying to do it from the outside in.” -Ekta Bid