Welcome to Your 2-Day Course:
Synergetic Play Therapy® – A Neurobiological Approach to Using Play in Therapeutic Practice with Children!
I am so glad that you have chosen to sign up for this 2-day course and that we will have a chance to learn and grow together. In order to help you get started, please read through this message, as it will orient you to all of the information that you need.
If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. The best way to contact us is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here for you and want to make this a great experience for you. I am looking forward to our time together
Lisa & The SPT Team
Revolutionizing Play and Therapeutic Practice with Children Objectives:
- Examine how play therapy works from a neurobiological perspective
- Explain the link between a child’s nervous system states and their play
- Identify the four primary threats of the brain and how to use this information to create a neuroception of safety in a play therapy session
- Examine the Synergetic Play Therapy® concept of “The Set Up” in the playroom as a way to understand what the child is trying to communicate
- Examine what it takes to become the “external regulator” in the playroom to support nervous system integration
- Explain the significance of congruence and authentic expression in the play therapy process
- Identify strategies for maintaining regulation in the midst of intense play, aggression and death in the playroom
- Identify at least 2 strategies for working with aggression in the playroom without experiencing the nervous system shut down leading to vicarious trauma
- Identify at least 2 strategies for setting boundaries without shaming or shutting down a child’s play
- Define “emotional flooding” and identify at least 2 strategies to employ when this happens in a play therapy session
- Explain how a play therapist’s own “window of tolerance” can impact the child’s healing process
- Examine how to use principles from Interpersonal Neurobiology and Synergetic Play Therapy® to support deeper integration and the re-patterning of the client’s nervous system
Please download or print the following handout: Welcome Handout and Course Agreements
Webinar Date / Times: (AK)
- 18th February, 8am – 3:30pm
- 19th February, 8am – 3:30pm
Logging on to the LIVE Virtual Training:
All participants should have “registered” for the training occurring via Zoom. By registering you were given a password to log in to ZOOM for each webinar. Please refer to your confirmation email from zoom for your unique log in information to log in on the day of your webinar.
Register Via this Link:
In the event you forgot to register please use this link to get started:
Would you like to keep learning with us? …. As a participant in this course, you’re eligible to take our Synergetic Play Therapy® Supplemental course. It is an online course that supplements the information not received during this training and involves the review of key points as well as new information aimed at providing you with the missing pieces of the SPT puzzle. You’ll receive nine hours of recorded content and six monthly group consultations with a SPT Consultant to help you integrate what you are learning. And with this course, you’ll also meet the requirement for our SPT Certification program should you be interested.
We’ll start February 22nd, 2021
Want to know more? …. Watch this short video to learn about the course and join us in February!
WELCOME TO THE COURSE!
Please click on the lesson below to get started and view your course handouts.