The Synergetic Play Therapy™ Supplemental Course is open to those who have already completed a two-day training with Lisa Dion. It is an online course that supplements the information not received during the two-day training you’ve previously completed. It involves the review of key points as well as new information aimed at providing you with the missing pieces of the SPT puzzle.
Synergetic Play Therapy™ Supplemental Course Prerequisites:
- Completion or enrollment in a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) program in counseling, social work, or education
- Previous experience working with children and families
- A basic understanding of play therapy and play therapy skills
- Attendance and completion of a recent Lisa Dion two-day training
This course includes nine hours of recorded content and six monthly group consultations** with a Synergetic Play Therapy™ Supervisor/Consultant to help you integrate what you are learning.
This course allows you to go at your own pace: you’ll receive all the videos the day your course is scheduled to launch, and you can learn as fast or as slow as you like. You will start your group consultations as quickly as possible.
Though this is independent study, group consultations will complete in six months from your course launch date.
New Topics Covered Include:
- SPT Tenets
- Assessing Emotional Age in Play Therapy
- Tracking Progress in Play Therapy
- Understanding Integration in Play Therapy
- Types of Reflection in Play Therapy
- Working with Parents in the Playroom
- Attachment in Play Therapy
- Sand and Art in the Playroom
- And Much More!
Topics Reviewed Include:
- The Nervous System in Play Therapy
- The Four Threats of the Brain in Play Therapy
- The Set-Up/The Offering in Play Therapy
- Becoming an External Regulator in Play Therapy
*For class details and objectives, please see below.