Synergetic Play Therapy® Supplemental Course Objectives:
- Describe the basics of Synergetic Play Therapy® including the tenets, the history, and the main play therapy influences
- Explain how children use the projective process in play therapy to set the toys and the therapist up to feel how they feel
- Assess and explain the significance of why authenticity is so important in the playroom
- Describe how an SPT Therapist accesses (their/his/her) authentic self and deepens the child’s therapeutic process
- Explain the link between nervous system states and the symptoms that show up in the playroom
- Describe the importance of regulation in the playroom
- Demonstrate how the therapist can begin to model regulation to the child so that the child can begin to learn how to regulate
- Explain what regulation is and isn’t according to Synergetic Play Therapy®
- Discuss what it means to “overcome a challenge” in the play therapy process
- Describe what it means to become the external regulator in a session to help a child integrate their challenges
- Discuss the implications for parents being in their own grief process when they bring their children to play therapy
- Describe how to have a successful play therapy intake
- Discuss the importance of setting goals and speaking in terms of what is important to the parents
- Discuss Synergetic Play Therapy®’s definition and perspective on attachment
- Explain and demonstrate how to use the self-object as a way to support the client attaching to self
- Describe the link between a child’s attachment styles and their nervous system states
- Explain how to use regulation as a way to help integrate aggressive energy in the playroom
- Describe how to facilitate the use of sand from a Synergetic Play Therapy® perspective in the playroom
- Explain how to facilitate the use of art from a Synergetic Play Therapy® perspective in the playroom.
What: The online course includes nine hours of recorded content and six consultations with a Synergetic Play Therapy® Consultant. It offers supplementation for those who have completed previous SPT training. Verification of this prior training is required.
When: Sign up and begin October 25th, 2021
Where: Learn from anywhere! No commute required!
Credits: 15 Non-Contact Credits*
Cost: $650.00 (USD) for course and six 1-hour group consultations. For a 6 month or 9 month payment plan option please click here!
Mandatory Book: Please purchase this required book before your training. Lisa will be using it as a reference to provide supplemental readings: Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity by Lisa Dion The book is also currently available in Audio format and Spanish. If you have not already purchased the required reading, you can get it at a 25% discount. This only applies for purchase made in the U.S.
Go here to redeem: https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393713190. Use coupon code LDION21 or https://WWNorton.com/rd/LDION21.
If you reside in Australia/New Zealand, you can order the book through Booktopia, Dymocks, QBD, Amazon AU, etc. Search the ISBN, 9780393713190 to pull results quickly. And if you are unable to locate the book in your country, please email us at email@example.com, so we can contact the publisher and assist you in obtaining a copy.
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264
Refund Policy: Cancellations of this course once the participant begins will forfeit the payment of the course. However, payment can be applied towards a future Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Supplemental Course. If an emergency arises, please contact us to discuss.