WELCOME to the 6 month “One Foot In Education: Exploring Education Through An SPT Lens” Course!
I am so glad you have chosen to join this course. The course is your first step into exploring a Synergetic Approach to LearningTM
And, I’m so excited to be on this journey with you. There’s going to be a lot of learning and growing for all of us! We will be building upon our knowledge of Synergetic Play Therapy®, adding new concepts, and applying it all to working with educators and schools.
The course includes seven – 1 ½ hour LIVE webinars, five hours of recorded videos, and three – 1 ½ hour group consultation sessions.
The recorded videos are for watching between the webinars to help consolidate the information. Consultation sessions will occur after classes 2, 4, and 6 and will be an opportunity to apply what you’re learning to your environment. You will sign up for a group that focuses on either working in schools, or a group focused on working with educators (but not in a school environment). These sessions will be interactive and a chance for us to try out new ideas, and support one another.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We’re in this together and I’m so looking forward to growing with you!
Course Structure – The course includes seven – 1 ½ hour LIVE webinars, five hours of recorded videos, and three – 1 ½ hour group consultation sessions.
- September 1st, 2021 – Class 1: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MDT, Denver)
- September 29th, 2021 – Class 2: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MDT, Denver)
- November 3rd, 2021 – Class 3: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MDT, Denver)
- November 17th, 2021 – Class 4: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MST, Denver)
- December 15th, 2021 – Class 5: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MST, Denver)
- January 5th, 2022 – Class 6: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MST, Denver)
- February 16th, 2022 – Class 7: 1.5 hour LIVE Webinar (5 p.m. MST, Denver)
Consultations – Please complete this short survey to choose your group consultation time.
In Preparation – As I mentioned above, we’ll be building on our knowledge of SPT concepts we’ve learned already. Here are some of the concepts we’ll be revisiting throughout the course …
- Nervous system regulation
- Growing windows of tolerance
- Shifting perceptions
- Interoceptive awareness
- The Set Up/Offering
- Authenticity, attunement & congruence
- Attachment to self
- Being an external regulator
- Starting points
WELCOME TO THE COURSE!
Join for the first LIVE webinar on September 1st, 2021 @ 5:00 PM MDT, DENVER
Join Zoom Meeting for ALL Live Webinars & Consultation Groups
Group Consultation Document:
Working From Developmental Perspective (Class 3)
Check In and Check Out Handout (Class 6)
Explicitly Teaching Skills(Class 6)
Lagging Skills From an SPT Perspective (Class 6)