****CLASS 4 UPDATE: Becoming A Certified Synergetic Play Therapist****
Are you ready to take your Synergetic Play Therapy skills to the next level? Are you ready to expand your understanding of interpersonal neurobiology and take your ability to help a child heal to a whole new realm of possibility? Are you ready to dive deeper into the Synergetic Play Therapy Process as you learn how to embrace yourself, discover your magnificence, and tap into a higher state of authenticity?
“The very act of being an SPT therapist provides endless practice in congruence, authenticity, attunement, and nervous system regulation. It’s an ongoing practice, a way of being that improves my life every day.” – Jody Catlow, MA, NLC
“This experience was life changing. It not only renewed my vigor for work with children, changed my perspective of what was possible during the play therapy process, but changed the way I viewed the world and my relationship with others.” – Jessica Kimak, LCSW
“The SPT advanced class has been a truly transformative experience! Lisa and Kathy created so much safety to fully be myself as they guided my process of learning and growth. Through this class, I have been able to integrate my experience and shift perceptions, which has allowed me to be more present with my clients.” – Kim Buller, LCSW, RPT-S
If you’re ready to jump in, we invite you to embark on an experience that will take your confidence and skill level to the next level, an experience that will allow you to love yourself and support your child clients in loving themselves more fully.
It will be full of magical moments and transformation. Please note: in order to participate in this program, you must have access to working with children.
During the Certification Program, you will attend one three-day and one five-day Synergetic Play Therapy Training Retreat. (You may choose to attend the retreats in Boulder, Colorado; Vancouver, Canada; or Melbourne, Australia.) You will also participate in twice monthly webinars with Lisa (1.5 hours each) and monthly one-hour individual supervision with a Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Supervisor.
Course objectives include:
- Understand how SPT supports the child in changing his perceptions of the perceived challenging events and thoughts in his life
- Understand how attunement between therapist and child is essential in order to heal disorganization in the lower brain stem and re-pattern their nervous system in the play therapy process
- Understand how a play therapist can model self-regulation to the child during a play therapy session
- The therapist’s ability to use mindfulness to be congruent and authentic in her language and non-verbal signals allows the child to feel safe in the relationship and engage in reflective awareness.
- Be able to identify the different states of dys-regulation and their corresponding symptoms as they arise in the playroom
- Understand how toys are used to help facilitate the relationship between the therapist and the child during a play therapy session
- Understand how to support the child in getting in touch with her authentic self during the play therapy process
- Understand how the synergy between the therapist’s authenticity, attunement, congruence, and nervous system regulation supports the child in learning how to attach to self, the cornerstone of all healing
- Understand how the child projects his inner world onto the toys and therapist setting them up to experience his perception of what it feels like to be him during a play therapy session
*2018-2019 Class Schedule:*
Three-Day Retreat (your choice of location):
Melbourne, Australia: Aug. 8 -10th (tentative)
Boulder, Colorado: Aug. 24-26th
Vancouver, Canada: Sept 22-24th
Five-Day Retreat (your choice of location):
Melbourne, Australia: Dec 1-5th (tentative)
Boulder, Colorado: Jan 17-21st, 2019 (tentative)
Vancouver, Canada: Jan 10-14th, 2019 (tentative)
Twice monthly *Webinar* Classes – All classes occur LIVE via webinar on Wednesday
evenings from 5:00-6:30 p.m./MST
September 12th, 2018
September 26th, 2018
October 10th, 2018
October 24th, 2018
November 7th, 2018
November 14th, 2018
February 6th, 2019, 2018
February 20th, 2019
March 6th, 2019
March 20th, 2019
April 3rd, 2019
April 17th, 2019
May 1st, 2019
May 15th, 2019
The Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Program is designed to support a greater understanding and KNOWLEDGE of the Tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy™.
Over the course, we will explore the following topics within the context of a Synergetic Play Therapy process:
• Awareness, mindfulness, and presence in therapeutic relationship with the child
• Developing attunement and body awareness
• Understanding mirror neurons in play therapy
• Regression and non-verbal states
• Development of attachment in relationship
• Ventral state activation in the nervous system
• Deeper understanding of nervous system activation in the playroom
• Adoption, sensory, and trauma
• Biology of emotions and Windows of Tolerance
• Working with parents
• Working with families and groups
• Working with pre-teens and teens
• Goodbyes and endings in the play therapy process
• Non-directive versus Directive
• Explaining Synergetic Play Therapy
• Charting cases and tracking the child’s process
But this isn’t the best part of this training. *The best part is what happens to YOU*! This program is designed to not only help you learn how to facilitate your child client’s healing, but also awaken your
authentic self and teach you how to access the truth inside of you! (PRICELESS!!!!)
In addition to the classes, retreats, and supervision, you will have access to the exclusive Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Membership Site (which offers a value of over 1,000 dollars!) and contains:
-Over 40+ training videos designed specifically for advanced students
-An extra monthly webinar with Lisa to discuss more advanced topics, plus the archived recordings of past advanced webinars
-Access to blogs, podcasts, and discounts on other Play Therapy Institute of Colorado classes
-Access to the worldwide Synergetic Play Therapy community
-And much more…..
*Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapist™*
In order to receive a certificate in Synergetic Play Therapy, you must complete the following:
• Minimum of 350 client contact hours using the model. Hours accrued during the Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy, Six-Day Intensives, and post-supervision count towards these hours.
• The Certification Program
• Demonstration of a skill-set specific to SPT
• Observation and evaluation of 20 sessions–10 self and 10 other
• Completion of these additional play therapy courses offered at the Institute: Growing Up in Play Therapy (live or recorded) and Aggression and Play Therapy – a Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity book study (included in cost)
• Retake the Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy every three years (just the classes, no consultation), so that you can stay on top of the latest changes. Course is offered at 75% off the price for re-cert and you receive CE credits
• Six additional supervision sessions before or after the certification training
(Over 100 hours of training and supervision with 80+ CE credits towards Registered Play Therapy Credentials included).
*Don’t feel ready yet?*
Not a problem! Sometimes, we just need another year to get comfortable and practice before diving into a more advanced skill-set. If this is the case, you are invited to have on-going supervision for a year and apply the following year.
If you were to pay for all of the webinars, retreats, and supervision individually, you would pay close to 5,000 for this training (plus travel costs), but we want this to be more affordable. So, we have packaged it all together to save you 600.00. The cost is 4,400.00 which includes: (currency exchange rates apply for Australia, Canada, and US participants.)
– Six one-hour supervision sessions before or after the Certification Program
– The Certification Program – webinars, retreats and supervision
– Two full days learning how to use sand and art in the playroom – Directive and Non-directive approaches with a Synergetic Twist
– Growing Up in Play Therapy, a six-hour course where you will learn about the developmental and emotional stages of growth in the playroom
– Aggression and Play Therapy – a Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity book study
– FREE access to the exclusive Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Membership Site during the Certification Program
Want to save more? Pay in full and receive another 400.00 off! Can’t do that? No problem! We have three payments plans: nine months, 1 year, and 15 months to help you out.
Once accepted, a deposit of $500 USD will be due to hold your spot.
*Applying for the Training Program*
If you are interested in participating in this one-of-a-kind training program, we will accept applications starting on *Feb. 1st.
To apply, please submit a one-page letter explaining the following:
1. Why would you like to become Certified in SPT?
2. How long have you been using SPT and what SPT classes have you taken?
3. What have you discovered is a strength of yours using this therapy modality and what have you discovered is your growth edge?
4. In what capacity will you have access to children during the certification program?
5. When did you last complete the Level 1 Synergetic Play Therapy Skills evaluation?
6. Anything else you would love for us to know.
(Make sure to put your name and contact information on your application)
Please email all application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “SPT CERT APPLICATION- Intro” in the memo line.
*****CLASS 3 UPDATE*****
You are almost half way through this course! At this point you should have watched Webinar 1, Class 1, Class 2 and now Class 3 and had 2 or 3 consultation sessions. You are learning so much about the brain, nervous systems, the Set Up, and there is so much more to come! Understanding Regulation, Attachment, Working with Parents, Sand, Art and Aggressive Play are right around the corner.
If you have completed the material up until now, congratulations, you are on track. If you have not completed the material listed above you have until the week of the Class 4 launch (January 19th) to catch up. If you have fallen behind and can’t catch up before January 19th, we will follow up with you and let you know what your options are. We’ve got you covered as we want this to be a successful experience for you!
Lastly, some of you are already asking about what it takes to become Certified in SPT. Please go ahead and start this conversation with your consultant. We will share more detailed information about this process after Class 4 on January 19th.
WELCOME to the 6 month Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Course!
Before you get started with the course, you will need to answer a few quick questions regarding your intentions for the course, your clients and other information we need to better serve you during the course.
- Please complete the 3 Course Agreements
- Please go to this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TM7XP8B to answer two questions regarding your clientele, so that we can match you with a consultant.
I am so glad that you have chosen to sign up for this course and that we will have a chance to learn and grow together for the next six months. In order to help you get started, please read through this message (I know it is long), but it will orient you to all of the information that you need.
As a reminder, in this six-month online course, we will explore the basic components of Synergetic Play Therapy™ and truly have a one-of-a-kind experience. This course was designed for both beginners and advanced practitioners. The course runs six months and includes a mix of three, one-hour LIVE webinars with me, six 2.5 hour recorded video courses and monthly 30 minute consultations with an SPT Supervisor/Consultant to help you integrate what you are learning. If you interested in APT-Approved CE credits, you will have the opportunity to print out a certificate after watching each recording and taking a short quiz.
If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We are here for you and want to make this a great experience for you. I am looking forward to being with you,
You are responsible for attending the 3 one-hour live webinars. This is your time to feel part of the community, to interact and ask questions directly to Lisa. If for some reason you are not able to attend the live webinars, the webinar recording will be posted to this site within 24 hours of the recording. You must watch it before your monthly consultation for the month.
We use zoom.us as our platform. For best quality, please us a high internet speed connection or plugged in with a landline. You will be asked to turn your camera on, so please be prepared to do so. We want you to be a part of the live webinars.
The course kicks of LIVE on Oct 20th at 11 a.m. MST. To join click here: https://zoom.us/j/410979990
You are responsible for watching all of the videos in this course. Since this course builds on itself, you will not be able to watch the next video until you have watched the previous one and completed the quiz. This includes the webinars. It is important to watch the class video before you meet with your consultant for the month.
Consultations- These monthly 30 minutes are a time for you to personalize the material of the course to deepen your learning. This time is not supervision for all of the children you work with. You will be asked to choose one or two children that you work with that you would like to focus on throughout the class. If you are not currently working with children, you will decide on another relationship that you would like to discuss as you explore Synergetic Play Therapy. As a reminder, you are required to maintain updated insurance and abide by the rules outlined by your governing board.
Your consultation sessions will either be in person or via the computer depending on where you and your consultant live. You are assigned to a Synergetic Play Therapy consultant based on the answer you provided in step #2 (see above). These individuals are Certified Synergetic Play Therapists and supervisors of this work. They are awesome and will be a huge asset to you throughout this course! Your consultant will contact you to schedule your consultation times closer to the start of the course and before Oct 20th.
Important Dates to put in your Calendar-
- October 20th, 2017 11a.m. (MST): One-hour LIVE Webinar with Lisa Dion and release of the first video course.
- November 17th, 2017: Release of the second video course.
- December 15th, 2017: Release of third video course.
- January 5th, 2018, 11a.m.(MST): One-hour LIVE Webinar with Lisa
- January 19th, 2018: Release of fourth video course.
- February 16th, 2018: Release of fifth video course.
- March 16th, 2018, 11a.m. (MST): One-hour LIVE Webinar with Lisa and release of sixth and final video course.
As we get closer to the start date, you will receive email announcements from the Institute to get your started! Welcome to the course!