WELCOME to the 6 month “One Foot In Education: Exploring Education Through An SPT Lens” Course!
I am so glad you have chosen to join this course – This is the first offering as part of the launch of the Synergetic Approach to LearningTM program.
And, I’m so excited to start this journey with you. There’s going to be a lot of learning and growing for all of us! We will be building upon our knowledge of Synergetic Play Therapy®, adding new concepts, and applying it all to working with educators and schools.
The course includes two – 2 ½ hour videos, 6 LIVE webinars, bonus video content, and six – 1 ½ hour group consultation sessions.
The consultation sessions will occur between webinars, and will be an opportunity to apply what you’re learning to your environment. You will have an opportunity to sign up for a group that focuses on either working in schools, or a group focused on working with educators (but not in a school environment). These sessions will be interactive and a chance for us to try out new ideas, and support one another.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We’re in this together and I’m so looking forward to growing with you!
Course Structure – The course includes two – 2 ½ hour videos, 6 LIVE webinars, bonus video content, and six – 1 ½ hour group consultation sessions. Please watch the first video prior to webinar 1 (available Feb 16th). This video will guide you through ways to teach educators the foundational concepts. The second video will address more of the hands-on practical application issues.
Monthly Consultations – Please complete this short survey to choose your group consultation time.
In Preparation – As I mentioned above, we’ll be building on our knowledge of SPT concepts we’ve learned already. Here are some of the concepts we’ll be revisiting throughout the course …
- Nervous system regulation
- Growing windows of tolerance
- Shifting perceptions
- Interoceptive awareness
- The Set Up/Offering
- Authenticity, attunement & congruence
- Attachment to self
- Being an external regulator
- Starting points
WELCOME TO THE COURSE!
Join for the first LIVE webinar on March 2nd, 2021 @ 5:00 PM MST, DENVER
Join Zoom Meeting for ALL Live Webinars & Consultation Groups
Group Consultation/Coaching Document
- Class 1 Workbook
- As An SPT Therapist
- Brain States and Heartrate
- Class 2 workbook
- Strategies Handout
- Strategies Expanded Version
- Developmental Model
- Brains & Bodies Handout
- Roles, Goals, & Skills
- Working From Developmental Perspective (for Class 3)
- Arousal Continuum (for Class 3)
- Class 3 workbook (for Class 3)
- Negative Beliefs Activity (for Class 3)
- Class 4 workbook (For Class 4)
- Coaching Questions (For Class 4)
- Losing Time Activity (For Class 4)
- Developing a Coaching Plan (For Class 4)
- EXAMPLE of Developing a Coaching Plan (For Class 4)
- Class 5 workbook (For Class 5)
- On the Spot Check for One Student (For Class 5)
- Check In and Check Out Handout (For Class 5)
- Behavior Plan Example (For Class 5)
- Class 6 Workbook (For Class 6)
- Heart to Hand Activity (For Class 6)
- Video: Experiences Build Brain Architecture
- Video: Robbyn Peters Bennett Ted Talk This is the whole Ted Talk, we watched only portions of it.
- Dove Video - Stress Test
- Growing Tolerance For Frustration - Outside of the Classroom Password: Synergeticeducation1