Welcome to the course on Becoming an SPT Supervisor!
What a privilege and an honor it will be to get to spend time with you as we learn how to do this “supervision” 🙂 Becoming a supervisor in someone’s life is a big deal and is one of the most rewarding relationships you will ever develop with another.
I am so grateful that you want to continue to learn more about SPT and how to apply the ideas into your own development as a supervisor.
Welcome to the next level of your growth and journey 🙂
All of our classes are held via webinar. We use zoom.us as our platform. For best quality, please us a high internet speed connection or plugged in with a landline. You will be asked to turn your camera on, so please be prepared to do so. We want you to be a part of the class 🙂 Zoom allows you to access the class via the computer or to call in, so if you are running late please call until you can arrive at your computer. Please have a headset handy in case your sound needs some support.
To attend a class via webinar, please click on the link to access the class. Links for the classes are located in the corresponding lesson. You can click through the lessons to access zoom webinar links, by “marking complete” at the bottom of each lesson even if you haven’t 100% completed everything in that particular lesson.
Please note: The Association for Play Therapy requires full attendance of the class to receive credit.
In addition to the below, students are also required to complete a Legal and Ethics Supervision course and submit verification of completion.
1.) Being an SPT Supervisor – General Theory – 2 hour live webinar, 2 hour video study
- Sept 17th, 2020 from 5-6pm (MST) Live webinar with Lisa
- April 27th, 2021 from 5-6pm (MDT) Final Class with Lisa & Khris
- Join via: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7923294828
In this class, supervisors-in-training will begin to explore the supervisory relationship through the Synergetic Play Therapy® lens. Students will take the SPT principles and learn how to apply them to supervision while deepening our understanding of the skill we can help develop in our supervisees.
- Watch: Welcome to Becoming an SPT Therapist – Part 2
- Homework: Upload your Collapsing of Fears of Being an SPT Supervisor document. This can be uploaded to your google drive homework folder.
2.) Independent Study – Application of SPT Principles through a Supervisory Lens – 4 hours of independent work
This course is designed to facilitate understanding of the finer details of SPT application so that you can support your supervisees through their client cases. In this independent study course, participants will be required to:
- Submit a 2 page paper describing your understanding of each of the SPT Supervisor Tenets
- Watch and analyze 30 min. from four of your own recorded supervision sessions
- Meet with lead supervisor for one hour to review two 15 min. segments from your own recorded sessions and complete Supervisor Skill Sheet Evaluation (this will occur early December of January)
- Read Aggression in Play Therapy, and complete test (if certified before 2019)
- Homework assignment: Collapsing your Fears of Being an SPT Supervisor
3.) How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee – 6 hours of video watching/1 hour a month
Through the watching of recorded session videos and discussion, supervisors-in-training will explore common supervision issues. You will learn techniques and skills focused on helping you navigate the supervisory relationship and challenges that arise in the playroom. This will be a recorded video to watch each month on your own.
4.) Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Groups
- Oct 19th, Nov 16th, Jan 25th, Feb 22nd, Mar 22nd, Apr 19th
- Group 1: meets from 9-10am Mountain Daylight Time; Group 2: meets from 5-6pm Mountain Daylight Time (please adjust to your time zone)
- Join via zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/7325745948
This is an experiential course allowing supervisors-in-training to gain supervisory experience while receiving group support.
By the start of the first class you will be given a link to access your own google drive folder. Please save this link, or add it to your own google drive so that we can easily upload your *independent study assignments. ***Please make sure to label your assignments with your name and what it is.