This six-month online course includes three, one-hour LIVE webinars with Lisa Dion, six 2.5-hour recorded videos, and monthly one-hour group consultations with a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor/Consultant. Consultation is a mandatory part of the course to help you integrate what you are learning … And, if you’d like, you can meet the Consultants here.
When: January 25th, 2021 – June 25th, 2021
Important Class Dates:
- January 25th, 2021 webinar: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- January 25th, 2021: 1st video course release
- February 19th, 2021: 2nd video course released
- March 9th, 2021: BONUS VIDEO – SPT in Teletherapy released
- March 19th, 2021: 3rd video course released
- April 20th, 2021 webinar: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- April 23rd, 2021: 4th video course released
- May 21st, 2021: 5th video course released
- June 22nd, 2021: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2 p.m. MST, Denver)
- June 25th, 2021: 6th/final video course released
Where: Learn from anywhere! No commute required!
What You’ll Learn … Special topics such as tracking the play, attachment, facilitating sand, art, trauma, and aggressive play are covered from the perspective of nervous system regulation, attunement, mindfulness, and authenticity. Participants will also learn how to track their client’s changes for caregivers, teachers, agencies, and themselves. And, we’ve added a bonus recorded webinar just for you and to support you during these times – SPT in Teletherapy.
Note: Please purchase this required book before your training. Lisa will be using it as a reference to provide supplemental readings: Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity by Lisa Dion
Intro Objectives by Class:
Class 1 / Webinar 1 – Welcome and Understanding the Projective Process
- Describe the basics of Synergetic Play Therapy® including the tenets, the history, and the main play therapy influences
- Explain how children use the projective process in play therapy to set the toys and the therapist up to feel how they feel
- Assess and explain the significance of why authenticity is so important in the playroom
- Describe how a SPT Therapist accesses (his/her/their) authentic self and deepens the child’s therapeutic process
Class 2 – Exploring the Nervous System in the Playroom: A Synergetic Review
- Explain the link between nervous system states and the symptoms that show up in the playroom
- Describe the importance of regulation in the playroom
- Demonstrate how the therapist can become the external regulator so that the child can begin to learn how to regulate
- Explain what regulation is and isn’t according to Synergetic Play Therapy
Class 3 / Webinar 2 – Regulation: What It Is and What It Isn’t
- Explain what regulation is and what it isn’t according to Synergetic Play Therapy®
- Discuss what it means to “overcome a challenge” in the play therapy process
- Describe what it means to become the external regulator in a session to help a child integrate their challenges
- Explain why you, the therapist, are the most important toy in the playroom
Class 4 – Working with Caregivers
- Discuss the implications for caregivers being in their own grief process whey they bring their children to play therapy
- Describe how to have a successful play therapy intake
- Discuss the importance of setting goals and speaking in terms of what is important to the caregiver
Class 5 – Understanding Attachment & the Self Object in Synergetic Play Therapy
- Discuss Synergetic Play Therapy®’s definition and perspective on attachment
- Explain and demonstrate how to use the self-object as a way to support the client attaching to self
- Describe the link between a child’s attachment styles and their nervous system states
Class 6 / Webinar 3 – Sand, Art & Aggression in Synergetic Play Therapy
- Explain how to use regulation as a way to help integrate aggressive energy in the playroom
- Describe how to facilitate the use of sand from a Synergetic Play Therapy® perspective in the playroom
- Explain how to facilitate the use of art from a Synergetic Play Therapy® perspective in the playroom
- Explain the concept of flooding in the playroom for both you and the child and list ways to create a neuroception of safety
Credits: 22 APT Non-Contact CE credits* (22 hours – APT “Play Therapy Skills & Methods”)
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that Play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: $1275.00 (USD).
Enroll by January 1st, 2021 to get the Early Bird discount. Use code “earlybird2020” at checkout.
To make monthly payments, please click here
**Do you want consultation catered to your needs? You can purchase individual consultations now or during the course (if you choose the latter, please contact us and we’ll provide you with a link).
Refund Policy: Cancellations received one month from the start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received less than one month from the start of the class will receive a full refund minus a $100.00 administrative fee. Cancellation once the class begins will forfeit the payment of the course. However, payment can be applied towards a future Online Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy course (within one year). If an emergency arises, please contact us to discuss.