What: A 3-hour home study course that explores the need for a therapist to act as the external regulator supporting the child to move toward the intensity they are experiencing, allowing for trauma integration.
Where: Wherever you are!
When: You will have access to this course for 365 days from the date of purchase. Access to this course and its content will expire at that time.
Becoming an External Regulator for Trauma Integration in Play Therapy Learning Objectives:
- Discuss what it means to become a client’s external regulator for trauma integration
- Define what regulation is and how this understanding impacts the play therapist’s ability to co-regulate during intense play
- Identify 2 things a play therapist can do to develop their capacity to become an external regulator
Other possible learning goals:
- What the client’s brain is scanning for in the environment to indicate a neuroception of safety, allowing the client to feel safe enough to do their trauma work
- A deeper understanding of the activation of the autonomic nervous system for the purpose of understanding the resonant activation that occurs within both the client and the therapist
- How a client borrows the therapist’s regulatory system in a session
- Examine the relationship between the different states of activation of the autonomic nervous system and a child’s play in play therapy sessions
- List the 4 major perceived threats of the brain
CE Credit Hours: 3 CE Credit Hours, NBCC Content Area: Counseling Theory/Practice and the Counseling Relationship
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7450. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Synergetic Play Therapy Institute is also an Approved Provider for the following associations:
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider 23-01
Continuing education credit hours may be awarded to graduate-level counselors or students enrolled in a graduate-level mental health program. If you do not qualify for continuing education credit hours and would like to receive a certificate of completion for this course please contact the Institute directly.
Cost: $90 USD
If you are needing financial assistance or would like to make a donation to support other play therapists in being able to afford play therapy training, please visit the Synergetic Play Therapy Foundation website to learn more!
Presenter: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S
Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. You will not receive CE credit hours for this course should you choose to transfer your enrollment to another course. Please contact the Institute should you have any questions or concerns.