In this eight-month experiential course, through video observation, didactic learning, group discussion and independent study, you’ll learn how to step into one of the most impactful and influential roles in a play therapist’s journey …. Becoming their supervisor (and an SPT Supervisor at that!). You’ll explore the supervisory relationship through the Synergetic Play Therapy® lens; take the SPT principles and learn how to apply to supervision so you can help develop in your supervisees; and learn techniques and skills focused on helping you navigate the supervisory relationship and challenges that arise in the playroom.
When: September 14th, 2021 – April 25th, 2022
Important Class Dates:
- Sept 14th, 2021: LIVE webinar with Lisa Dion – Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor – General Theory, 5-6:30 pm (MDT)
- Independent Study – Application of SPT Principles through a Supervisory Lens
- October 1st, 2021: 1st video course release – How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- October 18th: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MDT)
- November 1st, 2021: 2nd video course release – How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- November 15th: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MST)
- December 1st, 2021: 3rd video course release – How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- December, 2021: Individual supervision with Khristine Rolfe. (No Group Class this month.)
- January 1st, 2022: 4th video course release – How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee
- January 24th, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MST)
- February 1st, 2022: 5th video course release – How to Supervisee an SPT Supervisee
- February 21st, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MST)
- February 28th, 2022: LIVE Webinar with Lisa Dion – Running Group Supervision, 5-6:00 pm, (MDT)
- March 1st, 2022: 6th video course release – How to Supervisee an SPT Supervisee
- March 14th, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MST)
- April 11th, 2022: Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision – Group with Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00pm (MST)
- April 25th, 2022: Final LIVE webinar with Lisa Dion and Khristine Rolfe, 5-6:00 pm (MST)
As a reminder, you need two supervisees in order to take the course. You must also meet the prerequisites and submit an application.
Where: Learn from anywhere! No commute required!
What You’ll Learn … Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor Objectives: (Please note that this course is heavy on independent study so plan your time accordingly. Expect at least 1 1/2 hours per month on independent work alongside the 1 hour per month for group supervision. )
Becoming a Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor – General Theory (4 Non-Contact Credits)
- Learn the Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervisor Tenets
- Discuss the SPT Skills Sets and the need to start with the basic skill sets
- Explain “The Set Up” in the Supervisory relationship
Application of Synergetic Play Therapy® Principles through a Supervisory Lens (4 Non-Contact Credits)
- Write your strengths and areas of growth as a supervisor through self video observation and self analysis
- Analyze the Tenets of Synergetic Play Therapy® Supervision through written analysis
How to Supervise an SPT Supervisee (6 Non Contact Credits)
- Apply the use of video in the supervision process
- Critique various therapists’ struggles in the play therapy process presented through video observation and ways to support their growth
- Discuss the importance of identifying one key skill the supervisee can be working on and the importance of communicating in the supervisee’s goals and values.
Clinical Issues in SPT Supervision Course – Groups (6 Non Contact Credits)
- Analyze various clinical issues that arise and ways to support the supervisees’ growth and learning
- Discuss the importance of making sure supervisees are working on basic play therapy skills first
- Learn various ways to understand where the supervisee is at in their therapeutic development and the importance of working with them where they are at in their stage development
Running A Group Supervision – (1 Non Contact Credit)
- Apply SPT Supervisor Theory to group supervision
- Discuss ways to support the group when challenging group dynamics arise
- Explore how to become a supervision group’s external regulator
Credits: 21 Non-Contact Credits*
* Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-246
Cost: $900.00 (USD) | $1,100 (CAD) | $1,100 (AUD) Pay in Full or Pay in 2 or 3 Installments
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received one month from the start date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 2 weeks before the state of the class will receive a full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received 1-2 weeks before the start of the class will receive a full refund minus a one-month payment for administrative fees. Cancellations 1 week before the class will forfeit the entire cost of the class.
Instructors: Khristine Rolfe, LCMHC, RPT-S* & Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S*
*Khristine Rolfe, LCMHC, RPT-S, is a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist Consultant with over 25 years of therapeutic and educational experience in a variety of settings. She is honored to guide others in their professional and personal journeys and seeks to provide a supervisory experience that facilitates one’s intuitive wisdom, strength and authenticity.
*Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S, is the founder and President of the Synergetic Play Therapy Institute and creator of Synergetic Play Therapy®. Lisa built her first of six businesses in 2003 and has been building and creating ever since. She has written books, launched a podcast, is an international teacher and speaker, business coach to organizations and individuals worldwide, and she’s transitioned the Synergetic Play Therapy Institute from a local business to an international organization.