It is so good to be connected to you again! Thank you for all you are doing out in the world and for coming back to this program to renew your SPT credential, so that you can continue your journey as a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist or Certified Synergetic Play Provider. You might be wondering “Why do I have to go back to the basics?” and the answer is because when you first learned the Synergetic Play Therapy® tenets and foundational teachings of Synergetic Play Therapy®, you spent the majority of your time trying to orient towards a new way of being in the playroom while trying to grab ahold of some of the details of the Synergetic Play Therapy® philosophy (some of which stuck and some of which didn’t). And, since you likely can’t recall when on your journey your learned all that you know, when you went on to Certification we actually spent very little time on the basics! Hard to believe, but it is true! That is why going back to the beginning every few years is essential as this is where the Synergetic Play Therapy® theory gets more deeply rooted in you and you also get the updated content. I can tell you from past students that have already done their Recertification that they were so grateful they did- I hear things like, “I had forgotten about that part” and “I just got re-inspired all over again!” So thank you for your time and dedication to studying Synergetic Play Therapy®. Quite frankly, you rock 🙂
I am looking forward to seeing you and being a part of your learning, again 🙂
Here is what you will need to manage this program:
- The Book: Download this handout: Supplemental Reading Handout and pull out your Aggression in Play Therapy: A Neurobiological Approach for Integrating Intensity book as you will be asked to review/re-read it. We invite you to go ahead and get started!
- Course Site Access: You will have access to all program content until 2 months following the final video release. Your access expiration date is August 31st, 2024. This is the date by which you will need to have fully completed the program and the program requirements. Full completion of this program is required in order to receive any CE credit toward your SPT credential renewal.
- Time Management: Go ahead and put the dates on your calendar and block out time each month to complete each module (each module is roughly 2.5 hours), so that you stay on-top of your learning and avoid falling behind.
- Taking Notes: For each module, you will download a module outline. This outline will serve as your guide as you watch the videos – it also offers homework suggestions, reminders, material references, and other cool stuff to help facilitate a successful learning experience! *Please take notes on these handouts or on your own paper for each webinar and write the name of the module (if on own paper) and the date you completed the module/took the quiz on it.
- Module Completion / Uploading your “Assignments”: At the end of each module, you will be required to take a quiz to fully complete the module. All notes taken for that module must be uploaded to your Google Drive folder. Please contact the Institute if you need help navigating your provided shared Google Drive folder or if you do not receive one by the end of the first week of class.
- Webinar Attendance: There are 3 LIVE webinars during this program. Your attendance at these webinars is required to get full recertification credit. That said, we understand that life can throw us curve balls sometimes, so if you need to miss one, take notes when you watch the recording and upload your notes into your shared Google Drive folder.)
- Credits: If you are a mental health professional, you are eligible to earn play therapy approved CE credits for this program. You will be issued one CE certificate at the end of the program. We are an approved provider for the following organizations:
*Australian Play Therapists Association (APTA) Approved Provider
*British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) Approved Provider
- SPT Credential Renewal/Recertification Credit: Completion of this program meets the full requirement to renew your Certified Synergetic Play Therapist or Certified Synergetic Play Provider Credential. Please document your completion of the program on your Continuing Education Verification Form. Prepare to submit this form to email@example.com by May 31st of your renewal year. If not due this year, please save your form in a safe place to send to the Institute by May of your renewal year. If you are uncertain when your CE hours are due, please contact the Institute.
- Consultation: As part of taking this program for Recertification, you are not required to participate in the consultation groups that are normally part of this group. However, we strongly suggest you consider scheduling a few consultation sessions anyway (especially if you haven’t received any SPT consultation in awhile) as an additional support to your continued integration of the material. Click here to purchase individual consultation or form a group for a discount.
- Important Class Dates:
- January 23rd, 2024: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver)
- January 23rd, 2024: Module 1 released – Understanding the Set Up/Offering
- February 16th, 2024: Module 2 released – Understanding States of Activation
- February 16th, 2024: Video Lesson released – Synergetic Play Therapy® and Cultural Humility
- March 15th, 2024: Module 3 released – Becoming an External Regulator
- March 15th, 2024: Video Lesson released – 4 Threats and the Set Up Through a Cultural Lens
- April 9th, 2024: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver) + BONUS VIDEO: Synergetic Play Therapy® & Teletherapy
- April 19th, 2024: Module 4 released – Partnering with Caregivers/Tracking the Play
- May 17th, 2024: Module 5 released – Understanding Attachment & Emotional Age
- June 4th, 2024: One-hour LIVE Webinar (2pm MT, Denver)
- June 14th, 2024: Module 6/Final Module released – Sand, Art, & Aggression in Synergetic Play Therapy®
WELCOME TO THE PROGRAM!
This program kicks off LIVE on January 23, 2024 @ 2:00pm Mountain Time, DENVER
Join Zoom Meeting for January 23rd: