Thank you for participating in the Growing Up in Play Therapy training! Please click on the lesson to find your course handouts and bring to class on June 1st. After the course you will need to rate the learning objectives to obtain your certificate.
Growing Up in Play Therapy Course Objectives:
- Understand the various types of play a child explores as they develop.
- Understand the different developmental stages that a child goes through and how these show up in the playroom.
- Learn how to use Synergetic Play Therapy’s “The Set-Up/The Offering” to access a child’s emotional age.
- Understand the importance of working with a child at their emotional age versus their chronological age in play therapy.
- Understand how to use “Starting Points” as a way to track a child’s empowerment in play therapy.
- Understand the role of the therapist from a Synergetic Play Therapy perspective and how this role supports a child growing up in play therapy.