What: A 3-hour video course dedicated to using play therapy with older children and teens.
When: You decide. (And you’ll have lifetime access!)
Where: Your house, your office, or a local cafe!
What You’ll Learn: Gain an understanding of the below listed topics …
- What is happening in the teenage brain?
- Emotional versus chronological age
- Myths about the teenage years
- The dopamine system
- 4 fears of the brain
- Dealing with the resistant teen
- Discovering the authentic self
- Genius and values
- The Set-Up
- Modeling regulation
- Facilitating therapy
- When to play and when to talk
Pre-teens and Teens in Play Therapy Objectives:
- Understand why it is important not to have a script for when to apply directive and non-directive play therapy interventions with pre-teens and teens
- Understand the importance of assessing the pre-teen or teen’s emotional age in the play therapy process
- Understand the most important goal when applying play therapy to your work with pre-teens and teens
Credits: 3 APT Non-Contact CE Credits*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Cost: $65.00 (USD)
Instructor: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S
Audio, Webinar and Video Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. If you are dissatisfied with the course, you may request a transfer of funds to another course. You will not receive CE credits for the original course you signed up for.