Aggression and death are common parts of the play therapy process, yet many therapists don’t have a clear understanding of what to do and how to facilitate intensity. This can lead to inadvertently promoting aggression and low brain disorganization. It can also lead to the therapist feeling beat up, exhausted, and hyper-aroused themselves, ultimately impacting their ability to stay attuned, remain present, and find inspiration in this field. Enter Synergetic Play Therapy! Through an SPT lens, and a heavy dose of neuroscience, this 3-hour video course helps therapists learn how to use play in a way that supports regulation – theirs and their client’s!
- Setting boundaries without shaming the child
- Nervous system states and regulation
- The 4 threats of the brain
- Working with Hyper-arousal in sessions
- Working with Hypo-arousal in sessions
- Swords fights, gun play, and more!
- Making aggressive play therapeutic
- Aggressive Toys
- Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma
- and so much more!
Please scroll down for video class details and objectives.