“This journey has been empowering, inspiring, and transformative, and has changed my way of living and being. The embodiment of SPT has been the nourishment that allowed me to grow in both my personal and professional worlds. Harmoniously, as I have grown, so has my relationship with my clients, and my ability to help them do the same. SPT has been my grounding roots, a guiding light, and a breath of fresh air!” – Malia Segal
With 87 hours of content, the Certification program propels you on a journey of inquiry about how healing truly occurs in the playroom. You will learn about nervous system activation re-patterning and how integration occurs in the mind-body. You will study in-depth the projective process and the mind, perceptions and memory, interpersonal neurobiology, and will have a transformative understanding of attachment theory. But this isn’t the best part of this training. The best part is what happens to YOU! This program is designed to not only help you learn how to facilitate your child client’s healing, but also teach you about yourself, what drives you to be who you are, and awaken your own authenticity … absolutely PRICELESS!!!!
Why is this the perfect time to embark on this transformational journey with us? ….. The Certification program is so much more than learning how to work with others. It’s also about your own personal journey … And we’re all on a personal journey right now as we navigate the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic. Your experience will be one of “being held” while learning something that’s meaningful to you and that helps advance you in your career, skills, and confidence.
Synergetic Play Therapy® Prerequisites (must complete one of the following and their corresponding prerequisites BEFORE applying to this program. Price of pre-requisite is independent of the Certification program pricing. Click below for the pre-req. course description):
- The Six-Month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Online Course
- A Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive Training
- The Synergetic Play Therapy® Supplemental Course
- The Three-Day Live Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Course
Please note: in order to receive Association for Play Therapy credit, you must have access to working with children.
- Attend both multi-day online retreats and all online monthly classes.
- Complete 10 recorded sessions of your work with your clients and complete a corresponding video self observation form for each session.
- Complete two SPT Certification Skill Assessments with your consultant.
- 13 Consultation Sessions – 6 individual sessions and 3 small group sessions for a total of 9 hours during the program. 4 individual pre-certification or post certification (depending on when you completed Intro, Supplemental Intro, or Intensive.) If you are unable to complete your pre-certification consultations you can use them during the training.
- Homework: approximately 1-2 hours a month. Homework includes watching recordings of play therapy sessions, and completing video observation forms; personal reflections, a book study (Lisa’s), and self observations of your own sessions.
- Client Hours: In order to receive your Certification at the end of the program you need to complete a minimum of 350 client contact hours using the model. Hours accused during your pre-req course and during pre-certification consultation leading up to the 9 month course all count towards these hours, as long as they were with an SPT Consultant.
*To receive your Certification strong attendance and completed homework is required.
**Once certified, you must renew your Certified Synergetic Play Therapist credential every 3-5 years depending on which staying current option you choose.
If you are interested in participating in this one-of-a-kind training program, please Click here for the Application. Applications for 2022-2023 will be accepted November 1st through June 1st.
*For additional class details, class objectives, research scholarship, and more, see below.