“Absolutely transformative! – connected the dots in ways I didn’t know needed connecting.” -Michelle Tolison
In this course you’ll learn strategies for use in educational settings that promote trauma-informed, social-emotional support in schools. You’ll learn how to explain the neuroscience behind these strategies, as you develop your skills in supporting others in deepening their knowledge and awareness.
Listen to Judy talk about this course and what it’s all about in this short video HERE
You’ll learn how to work with educators and/or within educational systems, while addressing frequently asked questions and concerns, such as:
- How can an understanding of the impacts of trauma help in school environments?
- How might the expressions of trauma show up in the classroom?
- How do I know if it’s trauma, or just behavior?
- Why is building relationships with some students so challenging?
- Why are the things I’ve always done before, not working with “these kids?”
- Why am I so exhausted all the time?
- What about the impact this is having on the “good” kids?
Embodying Synergetic Play Therapy® principles as we collaborate with teachers, will move us toward our ultimate goals of empowering teachers and supporting shifting their perceptions of students.
“SPT One Foot in Education is a must-take course for school counselors and those who work with, and in school systems. It revealed paradigm shifts I needed to make as I met teachers (not just the students) where they’re at as I teach SPT concepts in my schools. It feels like a light was shone on what I’ve been missing when delivering SPT material the past few years and I can’t wait to see how the staff respond!” – Helen Ritchie, Certified SPT Therapist/Supervisor
A pre-requisite for this course is that you need to have completed a level 1 introductory course to Synergetic Play Therapy® (price of pre-requisite is independent of this course’s pricing):
- The Six-Month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Online Course
- A Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy® Intensive Training
- The Synergetic Play Therapy® Supplemental Course
- A Three-Day Live Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy® Course
*For additional class details and objectives, please see below.