What: A video course that teaches clinicians how to make aggressive play therapeutic (And, you get access forever – this course doesn’t expire!)
When: You decide (and you’ll have lifetime access!)
Where: Watch this course at your convenience.
What Will You Learn: Gain an understanding of the below listed topics …
- Setting boundaries without shaming the child
- Nervous system states and regulation
- The 4 threats of the brain
- Working with Hyper-arousal in sessions
- Working with Hypo-arousal in sessions
- Swords fights, gun play, and more!
- Making aggressive play therapeutic
- Aggressive Toys
- Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma
- And so much more!
Aggression in Play Therapy: A Synergetic Approach for Integrating Intensity and Trauma Objectives:
- Explain the link between a child’s dysregulated states of their nervous system and their aggressive and traumatic play.
- Describe how to facilitate aggressive play in the play therapy process without increasing or promoting aggression.
- Explain the Synergetic Play Therapy™ concept of “The Set-Up” in the playroom.
- Demonstrate how to set boundaries without shaming or shutting down a client’s play.
Credits: 2 APT Non-Contact CE Credits*
*Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Approved Provider 09-264. For an understanding of which credits can be used towards your RPT or continuing education, please contact APT for the most updated requirements. Also, please note that play therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Instructor: Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S
Audio, Webinar and Video Refund Policy: Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to other courses. If you are dissatisfied with the course, you may request a transfer of funds to another course or book study. You will not receive CE credits for the original course you signed up for.